Monday, April 7, 2014

God's Not Dead

Maybe you have heard about the new movie, “God’s Not Dead.”  I saw it last weekend and loved it.  But I am in Guatemala, Why am I talking about an American movie?  Because I can’t get the Newsboys song out of my mind!  I can’t help singing, 
“God’s not dead, He’s surely alive, living on the inside, roaring like a lion, God’s not dead.”

 

You see God is alive.  God is alive as I watch youth from PTCUMC make friends with their Guatemalan brothers and sisters.  I see God coming alive as we walk down the hill from the CCCG Church building.  It is literally just a mile or two from the airport, but a world away.  As we walk down the hill the houses change from cinder block to plywood, cardboard, and tin.  God is beginning to roar at the injustice in the world.  God is beginning to roar in the hearts of our teams.  These are my people.  I sent my son to die on a cross for each and every one of them.  I can begin to hear the roars, very slight at first.  The roars are beginning to get louder.  I see lives that will never be the same.  The roars are getting louder, and it’s only the second day.  It’s going to be a great week.  I can’t wait to hear the roaring; I think God is not only going to be living on the inside, but the outside as well.

 

As Dr. Dodson said last week, “It’s hard to argue with a changed life.”  I look forward to seeing changed lives this week.

 

(Randy DeGroot Guatemala 2014)








1 comment:

  1. And..let heaven roar, and fire fall, come shake the ground with the sound of revival...God's Not Dead! Thank you, Randy for posting this beautiful photo and how God is stirring in your heart.

    ReplyDelete